Cultures & Careers
To assist and provide on-site coordination in all phases of the construction project, coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that plans and specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule in cooperation with the project team. Area Superintendent shall be responsible for assisting with scheduling, inspections, quality control, job site safety, and field layout and will report directly to the project Lead Superintendent when applicable.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Area Superintendent:
- Assist in development of site logistic plan.
- Assist in scheduling subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Assist in providing continuous quality control and monitoring of the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Assist and monitor subcontractor to confirm the scope of work is being fully executed in compliance with contractual obligations.
- Assist in development of inspection schedule with local jurisdictions.
- Assist in identifying subcontractor non-compliance with respect to safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Assist in identifying Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log of activities on the jobsite.
- Assist in taking daily progress photos and store on project server.
- Assist and monitor subcontractors to ensure all deficiencies identified by the project team have been corrected.
- Attend weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Assist in issuing notices of non-compliance to subcontractors with respect to quality of work or scheduling.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and well organized jobsite.
- Responsible for maintaining job progress, as well as developing, issuing, and maintaining project punch lists.
- Participate in preparatory meetings with subcontractors before work commences.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the QC log for project.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Assist with jobsite setup, establishing project limits on site, and laydown area setup.
- Assist in gathering project material submittals and identify potential long lead items.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings with each subcontractor.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.