Cultures & Careers
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that plans and specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Confirm and implement site logistic plan.
- Responsible for scheduling subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Responsible for providing continuous quality control and monitoring of the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Responsible for ensuring the subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log of activities on the jobsite.
- Responsible for documenting daily progress photos and store on project server.
- Responsible for monitoring all subcontractors to ensure all deficiencies identified by the project team have been corrected.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Responsible for issuing Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors with respect to quality of work or scheduling.
- Responsible for ensuring the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Responsible for maintaining job progress, as well as developing, issuing, and maintaining project punch lists.
- Preside over preparatory meetings with subcontractors before work commences.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the QC log for project.
- Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals and identify potential long lead items.
- Preside over pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.